Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chili Time ... Finally!


It's December and we are all still in shorts here in Florida. Yesterday we finally had a little cold snap come through so I decided that it would be a great time to make Chili, especially since it may be the only time this year that it is cold at all. Sometimes I love Florida, but sometimes I do not. I know that most Floridians hate the cold, but I love it! I love being snuggled up in warm clothes. The way I look at it is that we can always add more clothes when it is cold, but you can only undress so much when it's hot.

I do not have a famous chili recipe or anything, but I must say it was pretty good. All of the people who ate it agreed as well. I used Publix's recipe that they have on the back of their Mild Chili package and then just added some more seasoning. At the end we made it into a Chili Pie (That's what my mom always called it) by adding cheese and Fritos.

The recipe is very simple and you just adjust it to fit how many people you are feeding.
You need the following items:
1 Pound of Hamburger or Turkey Meat
1 Package of Publix Mild Chili Mix
2 - 8 oz cans of Tomato Sauce or Chunked Tomatoes
1 - 15.5 oz can of Kidney Beans
1 Bag of Shredded Cheese (We used Mexican to add some spice)
1 Bag of Fritos (Your choice on the Flavor)
Your choice of spices (I used Chili Powder, Garlic Salt, and Chopped Onions)
Directions:
1. Brown the Hamburger or Turkey Meat with your choice of Spices.
2. Add in the Package of Publix Mild Chili Mix to the meat and stir in.
3. Put the tomato sauce and kidney beans into the pan with the meat and stir everything together.
4. Bring chili to a simmer and then lower heat.
5. Keep chili on low and continue to stir periodically until ready to serve.
6. Put Fritos into bowl, then chili, and then cheese.
7. Mix, eat, and enjoy!!! :)

Tonight I cooked for myself, AJ, Dellrie, Bubba, and Mary. I basically tripled the recipe to feed all of us and there was still some left to enjoy tomorrow. It was so delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment