Thursday, December 29, 2011

American Flag Craft


A few days ago I was with my friend Ciara and we went into this little thrift store in Brandon, FL. The store had a lot of little knick-knacks to look at. I saw a little frame and someone had made an American Flag. I liked it, but thought that they had it a little over priced. I knew that I could probably make my own.

This morning I took a trip to Joanns to get some red, white, and blue ribbon. I also got some little silver stars there. Then I went to a thrift store in Lakeland, FL to find a rustic looking frame. I found a frame that measured out perfectly to the ribbons so that they did not have to be cut width wise only length wise.

I used my hot glue gun to glue the ribbons onto the old picture. I had fun making it, now I just have to find somewhere to hang it!

The pictures above show you the before and after.

I personally think it is super cute!! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so smart.... bet you made sure it wasn't a Rembrandt before covering it up!

    ReplyDelete